What a year!< Back to Blog
If twelve years in the construction industry has taught us anything, it’s this: every year is likely to bring some highs and lows.
Having set out to grow the company from where it was a few years back, we’re happy to say that 2017 has brought more of those high notes!
This year, we’ve tackled the running of our business at a more strategic level than ever before while also keeping a focus on what we do best – delivering the highest standards in brickwork and roofing across London and the South East of England.
In case you missed some of what went on this year, here’s our round-up of some of 2017’s best bits:
- Our brickwork and roofing divisions worked with several major contractors across 15 different sites. Undertaking contracts from as far afield as Welford, Northants to Sunbury-on-Thames in Surrey, we’re proud of the way our professional project management and quality workmanship keeps our key clients coming back for more.
- We completed our own development in Brook Street, Luton, a project that involved upgrading the Downton Court residential block, converting garage space into two flats and adding a penthouse level that brought six new flats to Luton’s housing market.
- We provided employment opportunities and associated training to around 50 people (including direct employees, subcontractors and freelancers)
- It was the end of an era in Walthamstow where, after 3 years at the former dog stadium, Sheriff completed the last of its roofing/ waterproofing contracts across this iconic development.
- We gave our support to the Mind Matters campaign (launched by Construction News) to promote better mental health across the construction industry.
- We began working with several new roofing systems (e.g. Axter and Kingspan).
- On our website, we launched a series of ‘how to’ guides, covering a range of topics such as how to hire a building contractor, choose a flat-roof, care for a flat-roof or get a CSCS card.
- Sheriff became Premium members of Builder’s Profile and we successfully renewed all our other accreditations, including CHAS, SMAS and Constructionline.
- We moved our Head Office into new, more spacious offices (that we converted ourselves) in Runfold Avenue, Luton.
- We brought the house down (as usual) at our end-of-year celebratory party!
As this is our last news article of 2017, all that’s left to say is a huge thank you to everyone who has worked with or supported us along the way and we hope you’ll stick with us as we continue to grow.
See you in 2018!