Single ply systems< Back to Flat Roofing
Single ply is an extremely versatile waterproofing solution, suitable for new build and refurbishment projects.
Single ply membranes are strong, flexible sheets composed largely of synthetic polymer (PVC). During installation, the membranes are reinforced with glass fibre or polyester and joints are hot air welded or mechanically fixed to form continuous waterproofing. Combined with insulation, this contributes to the impressive durability of this roofing system.
A popular choice, the single ply system offers many advantages:
- Many single ply membranes are certified with a life expectancy in excess of 40 years
- Rapid, safe and flame-free installation, using hot air welding
- Technical versatility, meaning the system type and method of attachment can be varied according design requirements
- High thermal performance and effective control of air leakage, to meet energy efficiency regulations
- A surface that is easy to clean, repair or modify
- Available in two practical colours with matching profiles for eaves, verges and parapets
- Enables design components such as creating the appearance of lead, copper or aluminium roofing at a fraction of the cost
Our roofing team are highly skilled and trained to fit a range of single ply systems. If you’re unsure of the technical specifications, we’re always happy to talk you through the options available for your project.