Cold applied liquid products offer a clean, flame-free and quick-curing waterproofing solution that can be applied to virtually any substrate.
This type of system is built up using liquid adhesives based on natural bitumen, artificial polyester or polyurethane. Sheriff Construction uses IKO Polimar, a high performance range suitable for the remedial covering of existing flat or pitched roofs as well as new roofs.
The benefits of a completely cold applied liquid system include:
- Provides higher resistance to fire and spread of flames
- A very durable product which can solve the problems associated with the long-term waterproofing of flat roofs, gutters and pitched roofs
- Offers a breathable, seamless finish that moves with the roof and allows vapour release from the existing substrate
- A versatile option that can match the longevity of your project through a range of build-up choices
- Performance guaranteed
- Fast installation – no time is lost waiting for heating of materials and the rapid curing time, means the product can be overcoated within an hour of application
- Can be installed all year round at temperatures as low as -5°C
- The liquid can be dressed around awkward shapes more easily than membrane systems
Our roofing team are highly skilled and trained to fit the IKO range of cold applied liquid systems. If you’re unsure of the technical specifications, we’re always happy to talk you through the options available for your project.