On Saturday, Sheriff Construction’s team members, their families and others who work alongside us came together for the annual Christmas bash.
Held at Venue 360’s Balcony Bar, it was a night of eating, drinking and of course dancing! Around 80 people came along and, as always, it was great to see everyone enjoying the festivities. Our thanks to everyone who joined us for this brilliant night out.
Although there are a few weeks left of 2022, whenever we host this party, it always seems like the right time to reflect on the year gone by. Once again it has been a busy year with lots of changes and some ups and downs in Sheriff’s world. Here are just some of our highlights:
- Our brickwork and roofing divisions worked continued to work at multiple different sites across London and the Home Counties. We picked up our first roofing contracts with Weston Homes in Barking and with Balfour Beatty at the Aurora 02. We also maintained relationships with many of our long-term clients and, for instance, in 2022 moved into our third year of brickwork and roofing contracts with Inland Homes in Cheshunt and secured a huge new phase of roofing works with Fairview in Brentwood.
- Across Sheriff Construction and our sister company, Limon Homes, we regularly employ between 80 – 100 people, including experienced skilled operatives and young people who are just joining the industry.
- At the office, we’ve brought in new people to strengthen our QS/ Estimating team as well as the office management and administration team. Our first office-based student placement has also joined us and doing well. Welcome to all who have joined us this year.
- Alongside strengthening our people, we’ve spent time streamlining our systems. We’re now using JNC (a new project management system) and Safety Culture (a new safety platform).
- Through Limon Homes, we’ve continued to build up our own property development arm. We’ve recently started work at two brownfield sites in Luton which will create at least 24 new homes for the town.
- Sheriff is committed to making a positive contribution to society and so this year we continued to sponsor two local children’s football teams and made a donation to The Dogs Trust. Limon Homes also donated some of its profits to a family in Albania whose daughter was paralysed and in need of spinal surgery. Since having the operation, we’re happy to report the young girl is now up and walking!
- Because our team has grown, we extended our office into our adjoining property and gave the whole place a makeover. With 50% more space this makes it a much more comfortable working environment for everyone.
- Sheriff successfully renewed all our professional accreditations this year, e.g. CHAS, SMAS and Gold membership of Constructionline.
- We used our website and social media to share information about what Sheriff is doing and more generally about topics related to our industry and the people who work in it. Publishing almost 50 blogs, we’ve covered construction industry news, health and safety topics, science and innovation, construction careers, social value, politics and public policy, environmental issues and mental health.
- Finally, given the fact that this year the industry has faced challenges around materials supply, labour supply and rising costs across the board, we’re so grateful to have received such great support from our teams and everyone who works alongside us – our partners, architects, legal team and suppliers.
Managing Director, Ekrem Mahmutaj commented:
“This year, Sheriff has won new contracts, brought in new people, established new systems of working, given our offices a makeover and, through Limon Homes, begun working on new property development schemes. That’s a lot of changes but these things have really been about growing and strengthening our company.
“Amidst all of these changes, there is one thing that has remained constant – the hard work and commitment demonstrated by our teams and the great support we’ve received from our clients, suppliers and others who work with us. There’s too many to mention but I would like to take this moment to say a huge thank you to all who’ve given this support.”
Feature image: Sheriff Construction